Following on from the success of last year's inaugural GBS Majors competition, Bet365 have kindly offered to sponsor the 2013 edition with a £100 (or currency equivalent) free bet!
Last year's winner was Adrian Heneghan who picked Bubba Watson at the Masters (win), Dustin Johnson at the US Open (MC), Tiger Woods at the Open (3rd) and Rory McIlroy at the US PGA Championship (win) - that's fantastic ante-post tipping and the kind of standard required to win the prize...!
If you need any help/inspiration then check out our golf stats section where you'll find historical performance by player for the 4 Majors as well as a growing number of tournaments for 2013, or check out our predictor archives.
Basically we want you to pick a single player for each of the 4 Majors any time before the start of this year's Masters. You can pick the same player as many times as you like, so if you think it's going to be a McIlroy grand slam then feel free to select him for all 4...however it's not usually that straightforward!
You'll score points based on the eventual finishing position of your selections in each of the 4 Majors as follows:
Ties are ignored for the purpose of scoring, so if your player finishes in a 6-way tie for 3rd then you still get 4 points. The points from all 4 Majors are then totted up to give us a final leaderboard and overall winner.
Entries are open from 20.12.12 through to the first tee time at Augusta on April 11th. Any entries after the first tee time won't be counted. Entries are being accepted through the following methods:
A typical entry might be as follows:
Twitter: @golfbetting Masters: Rory McIlroy; US Open: Tiger Woods; Open Championship: Sergio Garcia; US PGA: Keegan Bradley #gbscomp
Please ensure that you list the Major next to the player, otherwise we'll assume that the entries are in chronological order, ie Masters - US Open - Open Championship - US PGA Championship.
1. Entrants must be 18 or over.
2. The winner will be the entrant with the highest cumulative score over the 4 events. In the event of a tie then the prize will be split equally between the winners.
3. The prize will be a single £100 (or currency equivalent) free bet with Bet365 online. The winner keeps any proceeds from the outcome of their free bet excluding the stake itself. No alternative prize will be offered.
4. If the winner cannot claim the prize for any reason (ie jurisdiction/legal reason), or chooses not to claim the prize, then the winner will be the next highest scorer in the final standings.
5. Entries can be amended any time prior to the start of the 2013 Masters. No amendments can be made after the start of the Masters and any non-runners will score zero points.
6. Any ambiguous entries (ie 'Johnson' or 'Molinari' or 'Lawrie') where it's unclear which player has been selected, the player with the shortest odds will be counted. For instance, if someone selects 'Johnson' for the Masters: if Dustin Johnson is 20/1 & Zach Johnson is 25/1 then we'll assume that the entrant meant Dustin and score accordingly.
7. Any entries where the tournament to which the player is being selected isn't clear, the selections will be allocated in chronological order, ie Masters - US Open - Open Championship - US PGA Championship.
8. One entry per person only. Multiple entries won't be counted.
9. The competition will close when the first tee shot is struck at the 2013 Masters on the 11th April 2013.
10. The winner will be announced shortly after the conclusion of the US PGA Championship on 11th August 2013.
Recommend This Page: