Betway offer a comprehensive golf betting product and are undoubtedly establishing themselves as one the leading online sports bookmakers in the United Kingdom and across Europe. A pureplay online bookmaker, Betway are now a serious sportsbook to consider for golf betting with strong coverage of the Majors, PGA and European Tours. Their intentions to recruit golf punters can be seen in the fact that they now offer a completely unique ACCA bonus for 2 and 3 ball match betting – more of which below.
Launched in 2006, Betway, like so many online bookmakers, are based in Malta and Guernsey. They have a rapidly growing customer profile of over 1.7 million and they have dedicated sites for the UK and a vast number of European countries. In 2015 Betway became the lead sponsor of West Ham United for £20 million until 2018, plus they’ve used high-profile sporting events on Sky Sports such as Premier League Darts and Froch vs Groves to build their brand exposure. Betway’s customer numbers in the UK and Ireland have been fuelled by a very competitive sports promotion where new customers receive a free no quibble bet of up to £/€30 based solely on their first deposit.
Need more help choosing a new bookmaker? Read our comprehensive best bookmakers for golf betting article here.
An increasing number of Golf Betting System readers use Betway as part of their bookmaker portfolio – here’s what some of them had to say about Betway with a specific slant on their golf betting odds, promotions and overall offering:
“I haven’t had a Betway account for long but have no complaints yet and use them a fair bit for betting on my phone. The iPhone app is pretty good compared to some others I’ve used and prices for golf are OK.” Reviewed by MW. Rating: 4/5
“As one of the newer kids on the block, Betway has to try to stand out against the traditional ‘big boys’ and often their golf odds do just that. Just need to see a few more customer loyalty giveaway contests in the future I’d humbly suggest!” Reviewed by KB. Rating: 4/5
“I use their app on a regular basis and it ranks as the easiest to use/quickest of the bookmakers I use. In regards to the golf markets, they’re easy enough to use but think they can do better with cross doubles in the win market.”Reviewed by JR. Rating: 4/5
“I have had an account with Betway for a year or so now and find it a very easy site to navigate. They offer decent golf odds and it’s easy to withdraw any winnings. The football betting is very good and they have some good offers on a weekly basis on most sports.” Reviewed by KA. Rating: 4/5
“I found Betway’s odds on the golf not to be that great – looking through other bookmakers I found them only to be a joint top price on only a few of the players over both tours. Betway offer the usual markets on the golf so the variety is there if you choose to open an account with them. Betway have plenty of promotions such as football acca insurance & best odds guaranteed on horse racing as well as other offers that can be found on their website.”Reviewed by TB. Rating: 3/5
Overall Rating 3.8/5 (5 reviews)
New customer promotions and bonuses
In a UK marketplace where the amount of free bets for new customers is continually declining, Betway’s headline offer is now one of the leading deals available. Their £/€30 free bet is unique on the basis it isn’t linked to any qualifying bet. Instead Betway simply match your first deposit up to a maximum of £/€30 – so effectively you can start betting with Betway with a total account balance of £/€60 – now you can’t say fairer than that. New customers can also access attractive deals across Casino, Vegas, Poker and Bingo products totalling £1,700+. All of these Welcome Bonuses are available individually once you have created an active account.
No promo codes are required to access any of the Betway free bets and new customer bonuses, including their headline £/€30 free bet sportsbook offer. If the Betway promo code policy changes then details will be listed here. Simply click the relevant link below to qualify.
New customers only, 18+, T&Cs apply:
- Sports: Up To £/€30 free bet – click here to qualify
Key Terms: New UK & Ireland customers only. Min deposit £10. First deposit matched up to £30. 1x wagering at odds of 1.75+ to unlock free bet. Credit Card, Debit Card and Paypal deposit only. Full terms apply.
Betway Golf Betting Coverage
Betway offer regular and occasional golf punters plenty of angles which make an account with them well worthwhile. Naturally they cover every Major Championship, World Golf Championship, PGA and European Tour tournament. Markets are usually established on a Monday allowing the early value-hunters to get involved and grab an early price. Regional second tier Tours aren’t covered by Betway, but there are a number of angles that make them stand out in a crowded golf betting market.
Betway are the first online sportsbook to offer an accumulator bonus for match bets. Naturally match betting is a popular strategy for many golf punters, so Betway have introduced an acca bonus payment along the same lines as the bet365 and Paddy Power football bonuses. Available on 2/3 ball matches, winning 4-folds (or more) will receive a 20% additional winnings bonus. Apart from the fact that a minimum 3/1 cumulative odds is required, the promotion is straightforward and currently unique in today’s golf betting market.
Betway also offer In-Play betting across the main Tours. Now the majority of online bookmakers switch immediately to 4 places each-way (1/4 odds) as soon as the action starts on a Thursday. That’s not always the case with Betway who often offer 5 places each-way a couple of hours (it varies dependant on the odds compiler’s decision) into Day 1. That’s a huge boost if you want to back a fast starter, or are prepared to let a selection’s price slide after a slow start.
Typical Markets: Outright Winner, Outright Winner Without Favourite (if odds on), Top 5, Top 10, Top 20, 72 Hole Match Bets, Group Bets, Play Off, Hole in One, 2/3 Balls.
Maximum Golf Payout
£250,000 across any golf bet with Betway.
Betway facilitate in-play betting across the Majors, WGCs and European/PGA Tour events. Naturally you can bet on the Overall Market pre tee-off, but Betway often keep their each-way terms at 5 places each-way (1/4 odds) a couple of hours into the first day’s play for most events.
As you’d expect, we keep as close as we can to player odds here at Golf Betting System. Betway’s golf odds compiler takes a view on every individual player each and every week. They aren’t the strongest on price generally, especially at the top-end of the market, but you can often get market-leading prices on various players up and down the field.
Extended Each-Way Places
Betway traditionally give their customers an extra place at the full field Major Championships. So if you place an each-way bet with them at the U.S. Open, Open Championship and PGA Championship you’ll generally receive 6 places each-way (1/4 odds) pre-event, giving your selections an additional 20% chance of placing. Don’t think this additional spot is a given within the industry as other online bookmakers such as Boylesports usually stick to the traditional 5 places.
Below you will find detailed Betway’s historical Major Championship each-way terms offered from 2013 into 2015:
- The Masters: 5 EW – 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017.
- US Open: 6 EW – 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017.
- Open Championship: 6 EW – 2013, 2014, 2015.
- PGA Championship: 5 EW – 2013. 6 EW – 2014, 2015.
Betway Sports Promotions
Betway offer plenty of value-add propositions for their punters across the key sports. Football punters are catered for with ACCA Insurance with Money Back as free bets, racing punters will love their daily Beaten by a Length promotion and now golf punters receive a 20% ACCA bonus on winning 4-fold match bets.
Football ACCA Insurance – Betway will refund Win/Draw/Win five-fold accumulators (or higher) on any football matches if you’re let down by one selection. Money Back in the form of free bets up to a maximum stake of £25.
Late Goal Scorer Money Back – Available on half-time/full-time and correct score bets across a multitude of top-class football, namely any Premier League, FA Cup, Bundesliga, La Liga, Champions League, Swedish Allsvenskan, Norwegian Tippeligaen or Finnish Veikkausliiga match. If there’s a goal scored after the 84th minute which changes your bet from a winning one to a losing one, Betway will give you a refund in the form of a free bet up to a maximum stake of £25. 90 minutes only.
Beaten by a Length – This second place special is ideal if Betway are best priced on your fancied runner. This promotion applies to single bets and if your horse finishes second and is beaten by less than a length, Betway will give you a free bet as a refund up to a maximum stake of £25. You also get Best Odds Guaranteed.
Faller Special – Betway offer Faller Insurance across the National Hunt season spanning the biggest meetings across both sides of the Irish Sea. Betway will give you Money Back up to a maximum stake of £25 if your horse falls or the rider is unseated. Betway offer this in every race across the biggest National Hunt meetings throughout the season.
Betway Customer Experience
- Maximum Payouts. Football: £500,000 – across all European Top Divisions, English Championship, Leagues 1 & 2, the English Conference National Division, Scottish 1,2 & 3, English and Scottish cup matches, World Cup, European Championship, Internationals, Champions League and Europa League; £250,000 – Belgian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish; £100,000 – all other football; Horse Racing: £250,000 – UK Full Service; £100,000 – Irish Full Service; £50,000 – all other racing; Golf: £250,000; Tennis: £250,000; Rugby Union: £10,000; Rugby League: £10,000; Cricket: £10,000; American Sports: £100,000; Motor Racing: £100,000; Snooker: £10,000; Darts: £100,000.
- Currencies Accepted. Betway accept payments from 1 of 9 currencies. Betway offer a single wallet spanning their full range of products including Sportsbook and Gaming products. The following currencies are accepted Canadian Dollar, Czech Krona, Euro, New Zealand Dollar, Norwegian Krona, Polish Zloty, Swedish Krona, Sterling and US Dollar.
- Deposit methods. Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, ClickandBuy, ecoPayz, paysafecard, Neteller, Skrill (Moneybookers), Ukash and Bank Transfer.
- Withdrawal methods. Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, ClickandBuy, ecoPayz, Neteller, Skrill (Moneybookers) and Bank Transfer.
- Sports Market Coverage. American Football, Baseball, Basketball, Beach Volleyball, Bowls, Boxing, Cricket, Darts, Formula 1, Football, Futsal, Golf, Handball, Horse Racing, Ice Hockey, Netball, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Snooker, Tennis, UFC, Volleyball and Winter Sports.
- Customer Support. Customer support wise there are 3 ways to contact Betway. They offer market-leading customer support which only market leaders bet365 and European giant Unibet provide. All of their support channels are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are dedicated freephone support lines for the United Kingdom, Canada and the Rest of the World. Live Chat is available at all times, with customer service representatives who are knowledgeable and attempt to get to the bottom of issues. If e-mail is your preferred contact channel you can correspond via email@example.com. Where once Betway had a less impressive reputation for after-sales, their current approach is customer positive.
Would you like to submit a Betway review? Simply email us your thoughts and a rating between 0-5 to firstname.lastname@example.org!