bet365 are offering new customers a simple 100% deposit match up to £/€200 - for details click here and use bonus code BONUS200 to claim. To find out how other GBS visitors rate bet365 read our bet365 review page.
Following on from the success of the last 5 annual GBS Majors competitions, bet365 have kindly offered to sponsor the 2017 edition once again with a massive £250 free bet prize fund! Our 2017 winner will receive a £150 (or currency equivalent) free bet with additional £75 and £25 free bet prizes for 2nd and 3rd place finishers.
If you need any help/inspiration then check out our golf stats section where you'll find historical performance by player for the 4 Majors as well as a growing number of tournaments for 2017, or check out our predictor archives.
Basically we want you to pick a single player for each of the 4 Majors any time before the start of the 2017 Masters and get those 4 names entered into the competition by one of the methods detailed below. As per the 2016 competition following extensive feedback on our facebook group, once again this year you can only pick a player once - so each of your four entries must be different for each Major Championship.
In order to make this 'one and done' format work better from a scoring perspective, your selections accrue points based on the $ earnings achieved from the Major Championship for which they are selected by you. So, put simply, nominate a different player for each Major and you score whatever they earn in prize money. The overall winner will be the person who achieves the highest $ prize money from their 4 selections in total.
Entries are open from Thursday 22nd December 2016 through to the first tee time at Augusta on Thursday April 6th 2017. Any entries after the first tee time won't be counted. Entries are being accepted through the following methods:
A typical entry might be as follows:
Twitter: @golfbetting Masters: Rory McIlroy; US Open: Jordan Spieth; Open Championship: Jason Day; US PGA: Henrik Stenson #gbscomp
Please ensure that you list the Major next to the player you're selecting otherwise we'll assume that the entries are in chronological order, ie Masters - US Open - Open Championship - US PGA Championship.
1. Entrants must be 18 or over.
2. The winner will be the entrant with the highest cumulative score over the 4 events. In the event of a tie then the prize will be split equally between the winners.
3. First prize will be a single £150 (or currency equivalent) free bet with bet365 online. The winner keeps any proceeds from the outcome of their free bet excluding the stake itself. No alternative prize will be offered.
4. The second placed finisher will win a £75 free bet with bet365; the 3rd place finisher will win a £25 free bet. The winners keep any proceeds from the outcome of their free bet excluding the stake itself. No alternative prize will be offered.
5. If a winner cannot claim the prize for any reason (ie jurisdiction/legal reason), or choose not to claim the prize, then the winner will be the next highest scorer in the final standings.
6. Entries can be amended any time prior to the start of the 2017 Masters. No amendments can be made after the start of the Masters and any non-runners in all events will score zero points. No substitutes can be nominated either before or after the deadline for entries.
7. Any ambiguous entries (ie 'Johnson' or 'Molinari' or 'Lawrie') where it's unclear which player has been selected, the player with the shortest odds will be counted. For instance, if someone selects 'Johnson' for the Masters: if Dustin Johnson is 20/1 & Zach Johnson is 25/1 then we'll assume that the entrant meant Dustin and score accordingly.
8. Any entries where the tournament to which the player is being selected isn't clear, the selections will be allocated in chronological order, ie Masters - US Open - Open Championship - US PGA Championship.
9. Entries must contain 4 different players to count towards scoring. In the event that an entry contains duplicate players, only the first instance of that player will count towards scoring and subsequent duplicates will automatically score zero.
10. One entry per person only. Multiple entries won't be counted.
11. The competition will close when the first tee shot is struck at the 2017 Masters on the 6th April 2017.
12. The winner will be announced shortly after the conclusion of the US PGA Championship on 13th August 2017.