Welcome to our annual Players Championship competition - time for a bit of fun guessing how many balls are going in the water this year at the 17th over the four days at TPC Sawgrass!
BetFred have once again kindly offered a £100 (or currency equivalent) free bet prize to the winner of the 2016 competition. To claim the prize you'll need to have a BetFred online account - if you haven't already got an account then click here to open one today, making sure you use promo code SPORTS60 to get the latest bet £10 get £30 offer.
We want you to tell us how many balls in total will find the water at the 17th hole over the course of all 4 days at this year's Players Championship. To help you out, here's a list of the last few years:
|Rd 1||Rd 2||Rd 3||Rd 4||Total In Water|
As a tie-breaker we also want you to give us the cumulative score to par for the 17th over the course of the week for all players, for instance +50 if you think it will play tough this year, 0 if you think it will play exactly to par over the 4 days, -20 if you think it will play under par etc.
Entries are open from 8th May 2017 through to the first tee time at TPC Sawgrass on Thursday 12th May 2017 . Any entries after the first tee time won't be counted. Entries are being accepted through the following methods:
A typical entry might be as follows:
Twitter: @golfbetting balls in water: 69; score to par +50 #gbscomp
1. Entrants must be 18 or over.
2. The winner will be the entrant who correctly predicts the correct number of balls which find the water hazard on the 17th hole at TPC Sawgrass during play in the 2016 event, including any play-off. In the event of a tie then the winner will be the person from those correct answers who has the correct winning tie-breaker, or the closest to the correct score. If there is still a tie then the prize will be shared equally between the winners.
3. The prize will be a single £100 (or currency equivalent) free bet with BetFred online. The winner keeps any proceeds from the outcome of their free bet excluding the stake itself. No alternative prize will be offered.
4. If the winner cannot claim the prize for any reason (ie jurisdiction/legal reason), or chooses not to claim the prize, then the winner will be the next closest to the correct answer.
5. In the event of any ambiguity, we will use the figure for the number of balls in the water as quoted by the PGA Tour.
6. Any entries which miss off the tie-break answer will automatically lose in the event of a tie.
7. One entry per person only. Multiple entries won't be counted.
8. The competition will close when the first tee shot is struck at the 2016 Players Championship on the 12th May 2017 .
9. The winner will be announced on Monday 16th May once the final numbers of balls in the water has been confirmed.
Share This Page: