Betfair regularly extend their each-way places on golf – for the latest each way places and current odds for this week’s events click here.
Bookmaker Review: Betfair
Betfair is the global Number 2 online sports betting company, an innovator whose Exchange revolutionised the market and whose Sportsbook is becoming increasingly popular. That’s right, Betfair Sportsbook is now one of the leading bookmakers in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland who cover top flight golf in great detail, offering regular value-adds for golf punters. To read our golf trading strategy guide click here.
Need more help choosing a new bookmaker? Read our comprehensive best bookmakers for golf betting article here.
A large number of Golf Betting System readers use Betfair as part of their bookmaker portfolio – here’s what some of them had to say about Betfair with a specific slant on their golf betting odds, promotions and overall offering. For more bookmaker reviews click here.
“The one obvious bonus with Betfair Sportsbook is the Cash Out option available on its golf markets, especially if you’re not up to speed with laying bets on the exchange. Generally I don’t find Betfair have the top prices so I rarely use their Sportsbook, but I would always recommend an account so there is always the option of using the exchange (it’s quite easy once you get used to it!) should you need it. I can’t score the Sportsbook too highly given the prices, but on the whole it’s a good website.” Reviewed by TB. Rating: 3/5 (Sportsbook)
“Difficult to fault the exchange as it’s obviously the best out there. The odds on some players are huge compared to the normal bookmakers and you often see a player who’s 100/1 trading at 200 or 300 on Betfair. The liquidity on some of the extra markets isn’t great sometimes but on the overall winner it’s usually fine. I’ve used the sportsbook a couple of times too when there’s been extra places available and it seemed pretty good to me.” Reviewed by MW. Rating: 5/5 (Exchange), 4/5 (Sportsbook)
“Betfair – very good, exchanges are great, haven’t tried the sportsbook much so not sure if free bets are available or money back promotions, will be trying a few other bookies to compare.” Reviewed by AS. Rating: 5/5 (Exchange), 2/5 (Sportsbook)
“I’ve started placing more and more of my bets with Betfair. They go 7 places each-way on the PGA Tour most weeks, but I use them more and more for football as well, as their odds always seem ridiculously good.” Reviewed by DW . Rating: 5/5 (Sportsbook)
“The exchange offers most value than any other company in my opinion. Very good odds and odds out quickly usually on the Sunday beforehand. In terms of golf, the sportsbook lets the site down. Odds not as good as other sites and price usually doesn’t compete with other bookmakers.” Reviewed by JK. Rating: 5/5 (Exchange), 3/5 (Sportsbook)
Overall Rating 4/5 (8 reviews)
Betfair, which merged with Paddy Power in 2016, offer a Sportsbook or Exchange new customer offer for those who don’t already have an account with them. New Betfair customers get the choice of a market-leading £/€100 in free bets offer for customers who sign up through Golf Betting System. Alternatively there’s a £20 risk-free exchange bet…the choice is yours!
All Betfair new bonuses are accessed when you register via betfair promo codes which we have pre-populated for you when you use the relevant link below. New customers only, 18+, T&Cs apply:
- Betfair Sportsbook: £100 in free bets – click here and use promo code ZBBC01
- Betfair Exchange: £20 Risk-Free Bet – click here and use promo code VAL225
- Betfair Sportsbook new customer offer: Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. apply – full details here.
- Betfair Exchange new customer offer: New customers only, bet at least £20 on the Exchange and if your first bet loses, Betfair will refund you £20 in Cash. Bet must be placed in first 7 days of account opening. apply – full details here.
There are a wide range of Betfair promo codes available in 2018, click here for the latest offers and the codes required to claim. For Betfair Gaming bonuses such as Casino, Slots, Bingo and Poker read this excellent summary: https://www.newcustomeroffer.co.uk/promo-codes/betfair-sports/
Betfair Sportsbook Golf Betting Coverage
Betfair Sportsbook covers every Major Championship, PGA Tour and European Tour golf tournament across the season. Sharing their odds-compiler team with Paddy Power, markets are out smartly on a Monday. Additional each-way places are now a regular weekly feature and their depth of additional markets such as Tournament Match Bets and Group Betting puts most of the competition firmly in the shade.
Another huge advantage of using Betfair Sportsbook for golf bets is their Cash Out facility where you can close a bet during the tournament. This facility actually gives punters the opportunity to effectively trade during the action, but instead of using the Betfair Exchange, prices to close your bet are offered by the bookmaker. Alternatively of course being a Betfair member allows you to easily lay-off bets on the Exchange from the same wallet or from bets you placed with another online bookmaker.
Punters used to fixed odds punting can often find laying a bet on Betfair exchange intimidating, so Cash Out makes it easy to close bets simply with 2 clicks. You can use Cash Out to access a popular way of making profit on golf, namely backing long-shots or fast starters pre-event and then locking in profit as their odds shorten during the tournament. In that way it’s more than possible to make a profit when a selection doesn’t even win or place, they just have to be in contention as the tournament develops.
The Paddy Power effect can be seen now with Betfair Sportsbook in full effect. During the opening period of 2017, Betfair Sportsbook were offering the standard 5 places each-way at 1/4 odds the place, but in the middle of the year that changes to emulate Paddy Power. By the close of 2017 Betfair Sportsbook had offered 47 additional spots, placing them behind only Paddy Power and Coral.
Typical sportsbook markets: Overall Winner, Top 5, Top 10, Top 20, 1st Round Leader, Daily 2/3 Balls, Group Betting, Big Guns vs the Field, Tournament Match Bets, Top American/European/Rest of the World/ Asian.
Betfair Golf Betting Maximum Payout
The maximum payout is £100,000 across any golf bet made with Betfair Sportsbook. For more on maximum payouts visit www.maxpayout.co.uk.
Betfair In-Play Golf Betting
In-Play betting is available on PGA Tour and European Tour events. Traditionally you can bet on the Outright Market during each round, plus Top 5 and Top 10 finish markets.
Betfair Golf Betting Odds
As you would expect, we keep as close as we can to player odds here at Golf Betting System. With Betfair Sportsbook not only do you get extended each-way places, but they also offer excellent odds across the European and PGA Tours. Betfair Sportsbook do not punish the punter for taking additional places, instead they are often market leading or joint market-leading in terms of price. And their golf trading team are not opposed to having their own views on odds. In position quickly on a Monday with their Outright markets, you can always find attractive players at great prices, with additional spots, all paid at 1/5 odds for the place.
Betfair Golf Each-Way Places
Betfair Sportsbook have run some terrific extended each-way offers across the Major Championships since their inception. That is now solidified into the fact that they offer market-leading places every week across the European Tour and PGA Tour, not just at that Major Championships. The Majors always offer a huge opportunity to snare outsiders who place at triple-digits and having the luxury of 7 or 8 places each-way at 1/5 odds for the place is an absolute no-brainer. So a Betfair Sportsbook account is well worthwhile for each-way punters.
If you’re a regular golf punter or a relative newbie to the sport, our 2017 each-way place research covering all 46 PGA Tour strokeplay tournaments is well worth a read here.
Below you’ll find detailed Betfair Sportsbook’s Major Championship offers since 2014:
- The Masters: 5 EW – 2014, 2016; 6EW – 2017; 7EW – 2015.
- US Open: 6 EW – 2014, 2015, 2016; 7EW – 2017.
- Open Championship: 7 EW – 2016; 8 EW – 2014, 2015, 2017.
- PGA Championship: 6 EW – 2014, 2015, 2016; 8EW – 2017.
Betfair Sports Promotions
Betfair are fully aware that to challenge bet365 as the global online sports betting number 1 they have to offer strong sign-up bonuses and high quality ongoing sports promotions. Free In-Play bets, ACCA insurance, Cash Out, Money Back Extra and Price Rush. These are a few of the profit adding sports promotions that Betfair Sportsbook offers – you’ll find the most popular detailed below:
- Football ACCA Boost: Win up to 50% more on your first accumulator bet of the week. Place any 3-fold or above on football or any sport and if you win you will receive a bonus between 5% and 50% on your profit.
- Best Odds on all English Football: Betfair Sportsbook offered the lowest overrounds on average on Premier League, The Championship, League One and League Two pre-match match odds markets between 1/1/17 – 30/9/17.
- Back a 3/1+ Winner and Get a £/€25 Free Bet: Back a winner at 3/1 (SP) or greater on any live ITV or ITV4 Racing race and receive a free bet to the same value up to £/€25.
- Horse Racing Each-Way Edge: Betfair Sportsbook offers you control of your each way betting. You can add additional places, or remove places to increase the odds. Flexibility between 2 – 5 places each way puts you in control.
bet365 Customer Experience
- Maximum Payouts. Football: £1m – main competitions; Horse Racing: All bets are subject to a maximum payment to any one client in any one day as listed £1m – British and Irish horseracing covered by the ‘Full SIS Service’; Golf: £100,000; Tennis: £500,000; Rugby Union/League: £100,000; Cricket: £250,000; American Sports: £100,000; Motor Racing: £100,000; Snooker: £100,000; Darts: £100,000.
- Currencies Accepted. Betfair accept payments from 1 of 7 currencies. Betfair offer a single wallet spanning their full range of products including Sports Exchange, Sportsbook and all Gaming products. Currencies accepted: Australian Dollar, Danish Kroner, Euros, Hong Kong Dollar, Swedish Kroner, Sterling and US Dollars.
- Deposit methods. Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Delta, Solo, Click & Buy, PayPal, Neteller, Moneybookers, Western Union, Cheque and Bank Transfer (Express option)
- Withdrawal methods. Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Delta, Solo, PayPal, Neteller, Moneybookers, Western Union, Cheque and Bank Transfer (Express available). Withdrawal amounts can be anything apart for PayPal (£1), Neteller (£2), Cheque (£10) and Bank Transfer (£10).
- Sports Market Coverage. American Football, Aussie Rules, Baseball, Basketball, Bowls, Boxing, Cricket, Cycling, Darts, Formula 1, Football, Gaelic Sports, Golf, Greyhounds, Handball, Horse Racing, Ice Hockey, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Sailing, Snooker, Tennis, UFC, Volleyball and Winter Sports.
- Customer Support. Phone support is offered with National Rate Customer Service lines open from 7:30 AM to 12:30 PM (UK time), 7 days a week. Live Chat is also offered 24 hours a day and you can get questions answer on Twitter @BetfairCS. E-mail correspondence is offered in 10 languages.
Would you like to submit a Betfair review? Simply email us your thoughts and a rating between 0-5 to firstname.lastname@example.org!