Boylesports regularly extend their each-way places on golf – for the latest each way places and current odds for this week’s events click here.
Bookmaker Review: Boylesports
The Irish bookmaker Boylesports are an excellent addition to any golf punter’s account portfolio, offering strong golf coverage, decent prices and ongoing weekly golf tournament money-back specials. Boylesports, who have an established and growing footprint in the United Kingdom as well as the Republic of Ireland, are aggressively promoting their golf markets which certainly stand up to closer inspection for both regular and recreational golf punters.
Boylesports, founded in 1989 by John Boyle, is the largest independent bookmaker in Ireland and boasts an estate approaching 200 stores, second only to Paddy Power. A €1.2 billion turnover in 2015 highlights that Boylesports are an established, trustworthy online player with Chief Executive Keith O’Loughlin recently reporting that online is growing “ten times faster” than retail. An aggressive sportsbook strategy which has seen a recent increase in the amount of free bets for new customers is helping this growth substantially right now.
Need more help choosing a new bookmaker? Read our comprehensive best bookmakers for golf betting article here.
A large number of Golf Betting System readers use Boylesports as part of their bookmaker portfolio – here’s what some of them had to say about Boylesports with a specific slant on their golf betting odds, promotions and overall offering. For more bookmaker reviews click here.
“BoyleSports always seem to have decent prices on golfers. And you have the chance to win fortunes on them, thanks to the weekly Magnificent 7 free bet competition the firm runs. Predict the result (win/lose/draw, not actual score) of seven chosen domestic or international football games on Facebook/Twitter and win the entire pot or a share of it. It often builds up to several hundred pounds. They also do regular Twitter contests with small prizes. Their website is easy to navigate too. ” Reviewed by KB, Dec 2014. Rating: 5/5
“It’s not very often I use Boyles as I find they are rarely top price on the players I want to back but on the plus side I’ve always found their customer services is good and always willing to help whether it be on site or via twitter. Boyles Usually have money back specials on golf events should your player finish 2nd or 3rd etc.” Reviewed by TB, Dec 2014. Rating: 3/5
“I use occasionally – hit and miss on prices, one week they are competitive other weeks too short. They do offer the extra place and do have money back on 2nd & 3rd placed players which tries to lessen the blow of a missed winner.” Reviewed by DP, Dec 2014. Rating: 3/5
Overall Rating 3.7/5 (3 reviews)
Boylesports New customer promotions and bonuses
Boylesports have undoubtedly upped their game in recent times with far better website functionality, stronger ongoing sports promotions which add real opportunities and a new £25 free bet package for new customers.
No promo codes are currently required to access any of the Boylesports free bets and new customer bonuses, including their headline sportsbook offer. Any changes to this Boylesports promo code policy will be listed here. Simply click the relevant link below to qualify:
- £25 In Free Bets – click here for details and latest promotions. No promo code required – click here for more details on Boyesports promo codes.
Key Terms: 18+ T&Cs apply. Cash stakes only. Min £10 stake required for initial £5 free bet. Min odds ½. Max £25 in free bets. Subsequent free bets equal 50% average of each 3 qualifying bets. 13 bets required to receive full £25 free bet. Qualifying bet must be placed within 30 days of opening account. Free bet expires after 7 days. Payment method restrictions apply.
Boylesports Golf Betting Coverage
Boylesports coverage of international golf is excellent. Naturally all top-level tournaments are covered with their Major Championship, WGC, European Tour and PGA Tour markets in-situ nice and early. European Tour markets tend to be live on a Monday around lunchtime, with the PGA markets in place by mid-afternoon. The Malta-based online golf team also price up second-tier events across the world including the Asian, OneAsia, Australasia, Japan Golf, Korean, South American and Sunshine Tours. As with every online sportsbook, you won’t get second level markets across these smaller tournaments, but Boyles’ prices are always keen.
Boylesports offer all of the popular betting markets from Outright to Top Nationality, and from Top 5 to First Round Leader. In-Play betting is offered for the main Tour events and player prices can be good.
Where Boylesports really excel is with their continued Money Back or insurance offer which has now been around since 2014. Week in, week out Boylesports give refunds for players finishing 2nd or 3rd on both the European Tour and PGA Tour. No other online bookmaker offers this insurance product. So place an outright winner bet prior to the start of the tournament and Boylesports will give you money back of up to £/€50 if your chosen player finishes second or third (including ties). This naturally covers the win element of an each-way bet and most importantly cash back is paid in withdrawable cash.
Typical markets include Outright Betting, Top 5, Top 10, 1st Round Leader, 2/3 Balls, Mythical 2 Balls, Match Betting, Tournament Group Betting, Top American/European/Scottish/Australian/Asian/Korean, Hole in One, and Will There Be a Play-Off.
Boylesports Golf Betting Maximum Payout
€250,000 across any golf bet with Boylesports.
Boylesports In-Play Golf Betting
In-Play golf betting is available on PGA Tour and European Tour events. Traditionally you can bet on the Outright Market during each round.
Boylesports Golf Betting Odds
As you would expect, we keep as close as we can to player odds here at Golf Betting System. Boylesports are prepared to take a view on individual players and that can work for or against. If their odds compiler fancies a player you are likely to find them shorter than top-price. Conversely on that basis you can also find a whole host of players at market leading price with them as well. Boylesports tend to be more competitive at the sub-90/1 range, so outsider each-way punters will be better served at bet365, Bet Victor or Stan James.
Boylesports Golf Each-Way Places
We have to remember that Paddy Power are Boylesports main focus when it comes to competition so they differentiate themselves as much as possible from their Dublin-based rival. So Paddy Power are well known for extended places at all 4 Major Championships, with Boylesports instead offering far more attractive prices across the field at the standard 5 places each-way (1/4 odds) at The Masters, U.S. Open and PGA Championship. At the Open Championship they do offer an additional place and stronger prices than Paddy Power who usually go 7 places each-way.
Below you will find detailed Boylesports historical Major Championship each-way terms offered across the past 3 years:
- The Masters: 5 EW – 2012, 2013, 2014.
- US Open: 5 EW – 2014. 6 EW 2012, 2013.
- Open Championship: 6 EW – 2012, 2013, 2014.
- PGA Championship: 6 EW – 2012, 2013, 2014.
Boylesports Sports Promotions
Boylesports are innovative and thorough when it comes to offering sports promotions which actually give value to punters. We have already mentioned their weekly golf cashback offer which has been ongoing now across both the European Tour and PGA Tour for a considerable length of time. But it doesn’t stop with golf as Boylesports offer usable value-add promotions across the Premier League, Horse Racing, Greyhounds, Cricket as well as PDC darts. Such comprehensive coverage is virtually unbeatable right now and undoubtedly puts more money in your pocket.
Double Bubble – For UK and Ireland customers on all Premier League football matches. Boylesports will double the odds of your winning first goalscorer bet (max stake £/€50) if they score before the first 20 minutes are up.
Best Odds Guaranteed on Greyhound Racing – John Boyle’s greatest passion is greyhound racing and therefore it’s no surprise to see his online platform leading the way in dog coverage and offering great prices. They also guarantee that if you take an early or a board price on any BAGS/BEGS greyhound race and if the starting price (SP) is greater Boylesports pay the better price.
Narrow Defeat Cashback – Boylesports selected a race meeting every day, where if your horse finishes second by half a length or less you will get cashback as a free bet up to £25.
Horse Racing Best Odds Guaranteed – If you take a price with Boylesports and the starting price is higher then they pay you out at the higher odds. There are some exclusions such as ante-post and In-Play bets amongst others but this is a great offer as horse racing odds can shorten or lengthen very quickly, especially at the big meetings like Royal Ascot.
Boylesports Customer Experience
- Maximum Payouts. Football: €500,000 – English Premier League, Championship, League One, League Two, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Community Shield, Scottish Premier League, UEFA Champions’ League group and knockout stage, World Cup Finals and European Finals; €250,000 – Top Divisions in Italy, France, Germany and Spain; €100,000 – World Cup and European Championship Qualifiers, International Football and UEFA Europa League; €20,000 – International Friendlies, Irish Premier and Division one football; €10,000 – all other football; British and Irish Horse Racing: €500,000 for British and Irish covered by Full Official Information; €100,000 – overseas racing covered by Full Official Service; €50,000 all other racing; Golf: €250,000; Greyhound Racing: €100,000 – BAGS and BEGS meetings covered by Full Official Information Service; €25,000 racing covered by Sky Sports, Setanta or RTE; €25,000 – BAGS and BEGS not covered by Full Service €10,000; Tennis: €50,000; Rugby Union/League: €100,000; Cricket: €100,000; American Sports: €100,000; Motor Racing: €100,000; Snooker: €50,000; Darts: €100,000.
- Currencies Accepted. Boylesports accept payments from 1 of 6 currencies. Boylesports offer a single wallet spanning their full range of products including Sportsbook, Gaming, Poker and Bingo products. The following currencies are accepted Czech Republic, Euro, Norwegian Krone, Sterling, Swedish Krona and U.S. Dollar.
- Deposit methods. Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Delta, Solo, Laser, clickandbuy, Giropay, PayPal, paysafecard, Neteller, Skrill (Moneybookers) Ukash, Cheques and Bank Transfer.
- Withdrawal methods. Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Neteller, Skrill (Moneybookers) and Bank Transfer.
- Sports Market Coverage. American Football, Athletics, Australian Rules, Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Cricket, Cycling, Darts, Football, Formula 1, GAA Football & Hurling, Golf, Greyhound Racing, Handball, Horse Racing, Ice Hockey, Motorsport, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Snooker, Speedway, Tennis, UFC & MMA and Winter Sports.
- Customer Support. Phone support is offered to Republic of Ireland and United Kingdom customers via dedicated freephone lines. International customers also get a dedicated support centre. Helpful Live Chat is offered and E-mail correspondence can be directed to email@example.com. It’s here that Boylesports are prepared to show their ambitions to be a major player. Where other online bookmakers only operate restricted support contact times, Boylesports are 24 hours a day, 12 months a year. That matches the market leader bet365 which is impressive.
Would you like to submit a Boylesports review? Simply email us your thoughts and a rating between 0-5 to firstname.lastname@example.org!