PLEASE NOTE: THE CORAL NEW CUSTOMER OFFER DETAILED ON THIS PAGE HAS BEEN PAUSED UNTIL SUNDAY AFTER THE GRAND NATIONAL.
Bookmaker Review: Coral
Coral are taking golf betting very seriously and offer a huge range of tournament markets for the keenest of golf punters. Over the past 18 months Coral have undoubtedly targeted golf as a key market for them to drive business and new customers. Their coverage of golf includes all primary and secondary Tours and Coral are now challenging Paddy Power when it comes to offering the very best each-way terms week in, week out.
The Coral brand may still be seen as traditionalist but their latest website is easy to navigate and place bets on. It’s also worth noting that plenty of regular golf punters are turning to Coral on the basis that they get their markets up quickly and offer outstanding early Monday prices as a result.
Need more help choosing a new bookmaker? Read our comprehensive best bookmakers for golf betting article here.
A large number of Golf Betting System readers use Coral as part of their bookmaker portfolio – here’s what some of them had to say about Coral with a specific slant on their golf betting odds, promotions and overall offering. For more bookmaker reviews click here.
“Coral is one of the ‘old guard’. And while they may not be as flashy as some of the new kids on the block, their golf prices can sometimes be music to my ears. Do you see what I did there? For instance, ante post-wise, I recently took 200-1 on Thorbjorn Olesen and Joost Luiten, and 150-1 on Mikko Ilonen, for The Open – they are much shorter elsewhere. Also tempted by their 200s on Willet and 150s Lowry – if I had any free funds! Their website is punter friendly too.” Reviewed by KB. Rating: 4/5
“When it comes to extra each way places, I don’t see any other bookmaker giving away more places. Most weeks they go 7 places each way across the European and PGA Tour so I place most of my bets with them.” Reviewed by SO. Rating: 5/5
“In recent times I’ve found myself using Corals more often than I used to, Usually they open up with a lot of standout prices especially on the Asian Tour I’ve found. The one problem I have found with Corals though is I can sometimes have a problem logging into my account and depositing money (I’m not sure if its just me or if its happened to others as well) which can sometimes be frustrating but overall I quite like them and have no problem using them.” Reviewed by TB. Rating: 3/5
“I got 10 places at the 2017 PGA Championship which was better than any other bookie that I could find and they go 7 places across both Tours more often than not. And when you compare prices, they are often best price too.”Reviewed by PH . Rating: 5/5
“I can’t remember a week when Corals haven’t offered extra each-way places and it’s noticeable with Corals that they don’t slash prices to give you the additional places. Their free bet club is decent as well.” Reviewed by TJ. Rating: 5/5
“The Good: They price up markets quick enough in the week. The website is easy to navigate and place bets on. The Could do Better: Promotions are pretty ordinary and really need improving. As with other bookmakers the range of markets on the lesser tours is limited to tournament winners.”Reviewed by PW. Rating: 3/5
“Started using these a bit more regular now as their prices in the 14/1 to 25/1 are usually a couple of Pts better than others especially near the end of the calendar year. One springs to mind was my man Spieth in Oz . They are generally better than the other so called High Street bookies, although you do get better prices online than if you walked in to a Coral shop.” Reviewed by DP. Rating: 3/5
Overall Rating 4/5 (7 reviews)
Coral don’t actively use promo codes at present, however any changes to that policy in 2018 will be detailed here.
Coral Golf Betting Coverage
Recent improvements by Coral with regards to their golf product makes them a must-have online bookmaker this year for serious and occasional golf punters alike. The cornerstone of their approach is two-pronged:
- Masses of additional each-way spots across the full golfing calendar all paid at 1/5 odds.
- Fantastically strong odds, despite giving away usually 2 additional each-spots for full-field tournaments.
Indeed in 2017 Coral offered the highest number of extended each-way places across the 4 Majors with 12 extra places above industry standard given to Coral punters. Impressive, especially for long-shot fanciers when you consider that Coral’s player prices are often the best in the industry.
In-Play regulars should also take note as Coral now allow their customers to choose between 3 Outright Winner markets during the tournament: Win Only, 5 places each-way at 1/4 odds or 6 places each-way 1/5 odds. Novel and a nice touch, which can make a big difference.
All-in-all this is outstanding top-level golf coverage and we haven’t even mentioned their ability to get markets up and running quickly on Mondays, plus their extended coverage of second tier Tours across Asian, OneAsia, Australasia, Japan Golf, Korean, South American and Sunshine Tours. In the United States the LPGA, Champions Tour and web.com Tour events are covered in detail. PGA Tour and European Tour tournament markets are up nice and early on a Monday, giving the value-seeking punter a great opportunity to grab the best prices, especially with extended each-way places offered into the bargain.
No Cash Out is currently offered on golf betting with Coral, although it’s something they are looking at adding in the near future.
Typical Markets: Outright Betting, Enhanced Winner Win Only, Top 5, Top 10, 1st Round Leader, 2/3 Balls, Mythical 2 Balls, Match Betting, Tournament Group Betting and Top American/European/Australian/Korean/Asian etc.
Coral Golf Betting Maximum Payout
£250,000 across any golf bet with Coral.
Coral In-Play Golf Betting
When it comes to In-Play golf betting, Coral undoubtedly lead the field. Coral offer In-Play across the Overall, Top 5 and Top 10 markets. They are the only online bookmaker to offer this facility. You can also bet In-Play across markets such as Top Nationality. Even with the Overall market you can choose between a Win Only punt, 5 places each-way at 1/4 odds and 6 places each-way at 1/5 odds.
Coral Golf Betting Odds
As you would expect, we keep as close as we can to player odds here at Golf Betting System. The beauty with Coral is that not only do you get extended each-way places, but they also offer excellent odds across the European and PGA Tours. Coral do not punish the punter for taking additional places, instead they are often market leading or joint market-leading in terms of price. And their golf trading team are not opposed to having their own views on odds. In position quickly on a Monday with their Outright markets, you can always find attractive players at great prices, with additional spots, all paid at 1/5 odds for the place.
Coral Golf Each-Way Places
Coral are an undoubted market leader when it comes to providing their customers with the very best in extended places; both every week on the PGA / European Tour and at the Majors. They offer 7 places each-way across full-field tournaments each week, which since the start of 2016 they pay out a 1/5 odds for the place. When it comes to Major Championships, in 2017 they paid out the most additional places across The Masters, U.S. Open, Open Championship and PGA Championship. Indeed the PGA Championship played at Quail Hollow saw Coral create golf betting history when they offered a genuine 10 places each way at 1/5 odds to both new and existing customers. Only Betfair Sportsbook and Paddy Power come anywhere close to Coral for each-way value hunters. Compare that to BetVictor or Ladbrokes who stick to the standard 5 places each-way religiously.
Below you’ll find detailed Coral’s historical Major Championship each-way terms offered since 2012:
- The Masters: 5EW – 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015; 6EW – 2016, 7EW – 2017.
- US Open: 5EW – 2012, 2013, 2015; 6EW – 2014; 7EW – 2016, 2017.
- Open Championship: 5EW – 2012, 2013, 2015. 6EW – 2014; 7EW – 2016; 8EW – 2017.
- PGA Championship: 5EW – 2012. 6EW – 2013, 2014, 2015; 7EW – 2016; 10EW – 2017.
Coral Bet & Get Club
Coral are one of the few bookmakers who still run a customer loyalty club, which hands out free bets. Opt in to get a free £/€10 free bet every week when you place £/€25+ on any sport between Monday and Thursday. Yes that’s £520 per annum in free bets, based on you placing £/€25 of sports bets each week.
Coral Sports Promotions
Coral offer a programme of consistent sports promotions that punters can rely upon and which offer increased opportunities to profit upon. Indeed it’s a range of promotions that challenges the online betting market-leaders. They have a range of popular punter promotions in the markets that you want to bet on. Football, Horse Racing, Sky broadcast Greyhound races and the NFL/NBA. Here are a few of the football, horse racing and NFL promotions that Coral offers detailed below
- Football ACCA Boost: Get a 10% winning bonus paid as a free bet up to £/€100 on 4-folds+. Simply place a winning accumulator of at least £/€2 on selected pre-match football markets and Coral will boost your winnings by 10%, paid as a free bet up to £/€100.
- Big Match Specials: Enhanced odds specials across the very biggest live TV matches in the Premier League, Champions League and Europa League.
- The Jumps Money Back Offer: Bet on selected Jumps meetings and if your horse falls, unseats or is brought down, Coral give you money back as a free bet up to £/€25.
Coral Gaming Products and Bonuses
Coral have recently revamped their Casino offering and to mark the occasion they have introduced a couple of new player bonuses. A £10 deposit after registering unlocks a £50 first deposit Welcome Bonus awaits new customers, which is a €50 bonus in the Republic of Ireland. Slots lovers can take advantage of a no deposit required new customer promotion with Coral Vegas, or a huge £/€250 first deposit bonus.
New customers only, 18+, T&Cs apply:
- Coral Casino: New customers to Coral Casino, on first deposit of £10, receive a 500% Welcome Bonus, generating a £50 welcome bonus. So you can turn a £10 deposit into a total-wallet of £60 to play one of the best online casino experiences around. Residents of the Republic of Ireland will receive a €50 Welcome Bonus from a €10 first deposit.Further details here.
- Coral Vegas – No Deposit Required: Coral Vegas is a mobile casino experience and this £10 no deposit required offer allows new customers to real-play for free. Further details here.
- Coral Vegas: New customers to Coral Vegas, on first deposit, receive a 100% Welcome Bonus on all deposit values between £/€10 and £/€250. So you can turn a £/€10 deposit into a total wallet of £/€20 to play one of the best Vegas-type experiences around. Further details here.
Coral Customer Experience
- Maximum Payouts. Football: £1,000,000 – Internationals, Champions League & Europa Cup post qualifying rounds, all English Football League, the Conference, all Scottish Football League, English and Scottish Cups, Spanish, Italian, German, French Premier Divisions; £250,000 – all other football excluding Australian and Polish; £100,000 – Australian; British and Irish Horse Racing: £1,000,000 covered by Coral TV, £250,000 – Foreign Racing covered by Coral TV, £100,000 – Any multiple bets which include any decimal win only or place only selections; Golf: £250,000; Greyhound Racing: £500,000 – BAGS and BEGS meetings, £250,000 – Live Sky TV races, £10,000 – Non BAGS and BEGS at Crayford, Hove, Romford, or Wimbledon; Tennis: £100,000; Rugby Union/League: £100,000; Cricket: £100,000; American Sports: £100,000; Motor Racing: £100,000; Snooker: £100,000; Darts: £100,000.
- Currencies Accepted. Coral accept payments from 1 of 4 currencies. Coral offer a single wallet spanning their full range of products including Sportsbook, Gaming, Poker and Bingo products. The following currencies are accepted: Euro, Sterling, Swedish Krona and US Dollars.
- Deposit methods. Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Delta, ClickandBuy, PayPal, Neteller, paysafecard, ECO, Ukash, Skrill (Moneybookers) and Bank Transfer.
- Withdrawal methods. Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Delta, ClickandBuy, PayPal, Neteller, ECO, Skrill (Moneybookers) and Bank Transfer.
- Sports Market Coverage. American Football, Athletics, Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Cricket, Cycling, Darts, Formula 1, Football, Golf, Greyhound Racing, Handball, Horse Racing, Ice Hockey, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Snooker and Tennis.
- Customer Support. Customer support wise; there are 4 ways to contact Coral. The Coral Help Centre is open 17 hours each day from 7am (UK Time) to Midnight. Telephone support is offered via freephone and UK landline numbers, with a dedicated international support line. E-mail contact is via firstname.lastname@example.org. Internal messaging is available when logged in from your account view and Live Chat is also offered for instant responses.
Would you like to submit a Coral review? Simply email us your thoughts and a rating between 0-5 to email@example.com!