Competition sponsors William Hill offer new customers a fantastic bet £/€10 get £/€30 in free bets deal when opening a new account using promo code C30 during registration and this qualifying link. New customers only, 18+, T&Cs apply.
Following on from the success of the last 6 annual GBS Majors competitions, William Hill have kindly offered to sponsor the 2018 edition with a massive £250 CASH prize fund! Our 2018 winner will receive £150 (or currency equivalent) in cash with additional £75 and £25 prizes for 2nd and 3rd place finishers.
If you need any help/inspiration then check out our golf stats section where you'll find historical performance by player for the 4 Majors as well as a growing number of tournaments for 2018, or check out our predictor archives.
Basically we want you to pick a single player for each of the 4 Majors any time before the start of the 2018 Masters and get those 4 names entered into the competition by one of the methods detailed below. As per the 2017 competition following extensive feedback on our facebook group, once again this year you can only pick a player once - so each of your four entries must be different for each Major Championship.
In order to make this 'one and done' format work better from a scoring perspective, your selections accrue points based on the $ earnings achieved from the Major Championship for which they are selected by you. So, put simply, nominate a different player for each Major and you score whatever they earn in prize money. The overall winner will be the person who achieves the highest $ prize money from their 4 selections in total.
Entries are open from Thursday 8th March 2018 through to the first tee time at Augusta on Thursday April 5th 2018. Any entries after the first tee time won't be counted. Entries are being accepted through the following methods:
A typical entry might be as follows:
Twitter: @golfbetting Masters: Jordan Spieth; US Open: Dustin Johnson; Open Championship: Rory McIlroy; US PGA: Jon Rahm #gbscomp
Please ensure that you list the Major next to the player you're selecting otherwise we'll assume that the entries are in chronological order, ie Masters - US Open - Open Championship - US PGA Championship.
1. Entrants must be 18 or over.
2. The winner will be the entrant with the highest cumulative score over the 4 events. In the event of a tie then the prize will be split equally between the winners.
3. First prize will be £150 (or currency equivalent) in cash, payable by Paypal/BACS or similar. No alternative prize will be offered.
4. The second placed finisher will win £75; the 3rd place finisher will win £25. No alternative prize will be offered.
5. If a winner cannot claim the prize for any reason or chooses not to claim the prize, then the winner will be the next highest scorer in the final standings.
6. Entries can be amended any time prior to the start of the 2018 Masters. No amendments can be made after the start of the Masters and any non-runners in all events will score zero points. No substitutes can be nominated either before or after the deadline for entries.
7. Any ambiguous entries (ie 'Johnson' or 'Molinari' or 'Lawrie') where it's unclear which player has been selected, the player with the shortest odds on the start of that event will be counted. For instance, if someone selects 'Johnson' for the Masters: if Dustin Johnson is 20/1 & Zach Johnson is 25/1 then we'll assume that the entrant meant Dustin and score accordingly.
8. Any entries where the tournament to which the player is being selected isn't clear, the selections will be allocated in chronological order, ie Masters - US Open - Open Championship - US PGA Championship.
9. Entries must contain 4 different players to count towards scoring. In the event that an entry contains duplicate players, only the first instance of that player will count towards scoring and subsequent duplicates will automatically score zero.
10. One entry per person only. Multiple entries won't be counted.
11. The competition will close when the first tee shot is struck at the 2018 Masters on the 5th April 2018.
12. The winner will be announced shortly after the conclusion of the US PGA Championship on 12th August 2018.