Competition sponsors bet365 offer new customers a fantastic up to £50 in Free Bets when opening a new account. You can use bonus code SPORT50 during registration and this qualifying link to claim this offer. New customers only, 18+, T&Cs apply. The bonus code SPORT50 can be used during registration, but does not change the offer amount in any way.
- Up to £50 in Free Bets for new customers at bet365: Bet £10 & Get £50 in Free Bets for new customers at bet365. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. Claim your offer here. The bonus code SPORT50 can be used during registration, but does not change the offer amount in any way. Republic of Ireland resident new customers receive € currency equivalent.
2022 Golf Majors Competition – A total of £250 in prizes up for grabs!
Following on from the success of the last 10 annual GBS Majors competitions, bet365 have kindly offered to sponsor the 2022 edition with a massive £250 CASH prize fund! Our 2022 winner will receive £150 (or currency equivalent) in cash with additional £75 and £25 prizes for 2nd and 3rd place finishers.
Basically we want you to pick a single player for each of the 4 Majors any time before the start of the 2022 Masters and get those 4 names entered into the competition by one of the methods detailed below. As per the 2021 competition, following extensive feedback on our facebook group, once again this year you can only pick a player once – so each of your four entries must be different for each Major Championship.
In order to make this ‘one and done’ format work better from a scoring perspective, your selections accrue points based on the $ earnings achieved from the Major Championship for which they are selected by you. So, put simply, nominate a different player for each Major and you score whatever they earn in prize money. The overall winner will be the person who achieves the highest $ prize money from their 4 selections in total.
Entries are open from Tuesday 28th December 2021 through to the first tee time at the US Masters on the 7th April 2022. Any entries after the first tee time won’t be counted. Entries are being accepted through the following methods:
- Facebook. Entries on the Majors Competition thread here: GBS facebook group
- Twitter. Entries on the #gbscomp hashtag and tweeted to @golfbetting
- Email. Entries sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Majors Competition’
A typical entry might be as follows:
- Masters: Bryson DeChambeau
- US PGA: Rory McIlroy
- US Open: Dustin Johnson
- Open Championship: Justin Thomas
Twitter: @golfbetting Masters: Bryson DeChambeau; US PGA: Rory McIlroy; US Open: Dustin Johnson; Open Championship: Justin Thomas. #gbscomp
Please ensure that you list the Major next to the player you’re selecting otherwise we’ll assume that the entries are in chronological order, US Masters – US PGA Championship – US Open – Open Championship
1. Entrants must be 18 or over.
2. The winner will be the entrant with the highest cumulative score over the 4 events. In the event of a tie then the prize will be split equally between the winners.
3. First prize will be £150 (or currency equivalent) in cash, payable by Paypal/BACS or similar. No alternative prize will be offered.
4. The second placed finisher will win £75; the 3rd place finisher will win £25. No alternative prize will be offered.
5. If a winner cannot claim the prize for any reason or chooses not to claim the prize, then the winner will be the next highest scorer in the final standings.
6. Entries can be amended any time prior to the start of the 2022 US Masters on the 7th April 2022. No amendments can be made after the start of the US Masters and any non-runners in all events will score zero points. No substitutes can be nominated either before or after the deadline for entries.
7. Any ambiguous entries (ie ‘Johnson’ or ‘Molinari’ or ‘Smith’) where it’s unclear which player has been selected, the player with the shortest odds on the start of that event will be counted. For instance, if someone selects ‘Johnson’ for the Masters: if Dustin Johnson is 20/1 & Zach Johnson is 100/1 then we’ll assume that the entrant meant Dustin and score accordingly.
8. Any entries where the tournament to which the player is being selected isn’t clear, the selections will be allocated in chronological order, US Masters – US PGA Championship – US Open – Open Championship.
9. Entries must contain 4 different players to count towards scoring. In the event that an entry contains duplicate players, only the first instance of that player will count towards scoring and subsequent duplicates will automatically score zero.
10. One entry per person only. Multiple entries won’t be counted.
11. A minimum 2 of the 4 Major Championships need to be successfully completed for the competition to run. In the event that only 1 of the Majors is successfully completed in 2022 then the competition will be deemed null and void.
12. The competition will close when the first tee shot is struck at the 2022 US Masters on the 7th April 2022.
13. The winner will be announced shortly after the conclusion of the Open Championship on the 17th July 2022.