New customer sports promotions
Betfair offer a Sportsbook or Exchange new customer offer for those who don’t already have an account with them. New Betfair customers get the choice of a market-leading £/€100 in free bets offer for customers who sign up through Golf Betting System. Alternatively there’s a £20 risk-free exchange bet…the choice is yours!
All Betfair new bonuses are accessed when you register via Betfair promo codes which we have pre-populated for you when you use the relevant link below. New customers only, 18+, T&Cs apply:
- Betfair Sportsbook: £100 in free bets – click here and use promo code ZBBC01
- Betfair Exchange: £20 Risk-Free Bet – click here and use promo code VAL225
- Betfair Sportsbook new customer offer: Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. apply – full details here.
- Betfair Exchange new customer offer: New customers only, bet at least £20 on the Exchange and if your first bet loses, Betfair will refund you £20 in Cash. Bet must be placed in first 7 days of account opening. apply – full details here.
Betfair Sportsbook Golf Betting Coverage
Betfair Sportsbook covers every Major Championship, PGA Tour and European Tour golf tournament across the season. Sharing their odds-compiler team with Paddy Power, markets are out smartly on a Monday. Additional each-way places are now a regular weekly feature and their depth of additional markets such as Tournament Match Bets and Group Betting puts most of the competition firmly in the shade.
The Paddy Power effect can be seen now with Betfair Sportsbook. During the opening period of 2017, Betfair Sportsbook were offering the standard 5 places each-way at 1/4 odds the place, but now Betfair Sportsbook offer the same each-way terms as Paddy Power. So expect 8 places each-way at 1/5 odds on full-field PGA Tour tournaments and 7 places each-way 1/5 odds on full-field European Tour events. 2019 also saw Betfair Sportsbook match the same each-way terms as Paddy Power across all 4 Major Championships with 10 places at 1/5 odds now well established.
Another huge advantage of using Betfair Sportsbook for golf bets is their Cash Out facility where you can close a bet during the tournament. This facility actually gives punters the opportunity to effectively trade during the action, but instead of using the Betfair Exchange, prices to close your bet are offered by the bookmaker. Alternatively of course being a Betfair member allows you to easily lay off bets on the Exchange from the same wallet or from bets you placed with another online bookmaker.
Punters used to fixed odds punting can often find laying a bet on Betfair exchange intimidating, so Cash Out makes it easy to close bets simply with 2 clicks. You can use Cash Out to access a popular way of making profit on golf, namely backing long-shots or fast starters pre-event and then locking in profit as their odds shorten during the tournament. In that way it’s more than possible to make a profit when a selection doesn’t even win or place, they just have to be in contention as the tournament develops.
Typical sportsbook markets: Overall Winner, Top 5, Top 10, Top 20, 1st Round Leader, Daily 2/3 Balls, Group Betting, Big Guns vs the Field, Tournament Match Bets, Top American/European/Rest of the World/ Asian.
Betfair Golf Betting Maximum Payout
The maximum payout is £100,000 across any golf bet made with Betfair Sportsbook. For more on maximum payouts visit www.maxpayout.co.uk.
Betfair In-Play Golf Betting
In-Play betting is available on PGA Tour and European Tour events. Of late Betfair Sportsbook have only been knocking a single place off their each-way terms when it comes to in-tournament betting right through to the start of Round 2. That is market leading. Traditionally you can bet on the Outright Market during each round, plus Top 5 and Top 10 finish markets.
Betfair Golf Each-Way Places
If you’re a regular golf punter or a relative newbie to the sport, our 2019 each-way place research covering Major Championship, European Tour and PGA Tour strokeplay tournaments is well worth a read here.
Betfair Sportsbook have run some terrific extended each-way offers across the Major Championships since their inception. That is now solidified into the fact that they offer market-leading places every week across the European Tour and PGA Tour, not just at that Major Championships. The Majors always offer a huge opportunity to snare outsiders who place at triple-digits and having the luxury of 10 places each-way at 1/5 odds for the place is an absolute no-brainer. So a Betfair Sportsbook account is well worthwhile for each-way punters.
Throw in the fact now that they offer 8 places each-way 1/5 odds and 7 places each-way 1/5 odds across the PGA Tour and European Tour when it comes to full-field tournaments and you have a Sportsbook, who are an absolute must-have account for golf punters.
For 2019, Betfair have offered 10 places each-way, 1/5 odds at The Masters, US PGA Championship, US Open and the Open Championship – for further details read our Betfair 10 places each way page.
Below you’ll find detailed Betfair Sportsbook’s Major Championship offers since 2014:
- The Masters: 5 EW – 2014, 2016; 6EW – 2017; 7EW – 2015; 8EW – 2018; 10EW – 2019.
- PGA Championship: 6EW – 2014, 2015, 2016; 8EW – 2017, 2018; 10EW – 2019.
- US Open: 6EW – 2014, 2015, 2016; 7EW – 2017; 8EW – 2018; 10EW – 2019.
- Open Championship: 7EW – 2016; 8EW – 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018; 10EW – 2019.
Betfair Sports Promotions
Betfair are fully aware that to challenge bet365 as the global online sports betting number 1 they have to offer strong sign-up bonuses and high quality ongoing sports promotions. Free In-Play bets, Cash Out, Money Back Extra and Price Rush are tools they consistently use. They also offer a similar ITV Racing Offer where you get a free bet up to £/€25, if you select a winner at odds of 3/1 or greater. These are a few of the profit adding sports promotions that Betfair Sportsbook offers – you’ll find the most popular detailed below:
Best Odds the Premier League + UEFA Champions League
- Betfair Sportsbook offered the lowest overrounds on average on the Premier League across 2017 and 2018. Impressive. They have also offered the Best Odds on the UEFA Champions League since the start of 2018. Data was compared against the leading industry competitors based on UK market share.
Back a 3/1+ Winner and Get a £/€25 Free Bet
- Back a winner at 3/1 (SP) or greater on any live ITV or ITV4 Racing race and receive a free bet to the same value up to £/€25. Your free bet will be credited within 2 hours of your qualifying bet settling. Free bets valid for 48 hours and only available for use on the Sportsbook.
Betfair Sportsbook Customer Experience
• Maximum Payouts. Football: £1m – main competitions; Horse Racing: All bets are subject to a maximum payment to any one client in any one day as listed £1m – British and Irish horseracing covered by the ‘Full SIS Service’; Golf: £100,000; Tennis: £500,000; Rugby Union/League: £100,000; Cricket: £250,000; American Sports: £100,000; Motor Racing: £100,000; Snooker: £100,000; Darts: £100,000.
• Currencies Accepted. Betfair accept payments from 1 of 7 currencies. Betfair offer a single wallet spanning their full range of products including Sports Exchange, Sportsbook and all Gaming products. Currencies accepted: Australian Dollar, Danish Kroner, Euros, Hong Kong Dollar, Swedish Kroner, Sterling and US Dollars.
• Deposit methods. Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Delta, Solo, Click & Buy, PayPal, Neteller, Moneybookers, Western Union, Cheque and Bank Transfer (Express option)
• Withdrawal methods. Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Delta, Solo, PayPal, Neteller, Moneybookers, Western Union, Cheque and Bank Transfer (Express available). Withdrawal amounts can be anything apart for PayPal (£1), Neteller (£2), Cheque (£10) and Bank Transfer (£10).
• Sports Market Coverage. American Football, Aussie Rules, Baseball, Basketball, Bowls, Boxing, Cricket, Cycling, Darts, Formula 1, Football, Gaelic Sports, Golf, Greyhounds, Handball, Horse Racing, Ice Hockey, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Sailing, Snooker, Tennis, UFC, Volleyball and Winter Sports.
• Customer Support. Phone support is offered with National Rate Customer Service lines open from 7:30 AM to 12:30 PM (UK time), 7 days a week. Live Chat is also offered 24 hours a day and you can get questions answer on Twitter @BetfairCS. E-mail correspondence is offered in 10 languages.
Would you like to submit a Betfair review? Simply email us your thoughts and a rating between 0-5 to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Betfair golf betting review 2019. Offers and promotions updated 2.5.19.